10 Benefits of an Advanced Water Filtration System
Water makes up over 60% of your body. Not only is the amount of water you put into your body an important factor for overall good health, so is the quality of the water.
Most of the water people consume today is loaded with chlorine and potentially harmful bacteria. If you are unsure of what you are drinking, contact your local water company and ask for a fact sheet. When you see the information provided, you might be surprised at what you, and your family, are drinking.
While public water facilities do their best to remove all of the bacteria from your public water drinking sources, they cannot always control them; think of the recent incident in Flint, Michigan.
Luckily, there are steps you can take to protect yourself and your drinking water. One way of doing this is with professional advanced water filter installation.
Reasons for Using an Advanced Filtration System
Living a healthy and clean lifestyle is becoming a goal to more and more people every day. In addition to making your water taste better, the reasons for having an advanced water filtration system installed are many.
Here, you will find the 10-best reasons you should be considering an advanced water filtration system. As you read these bullets, contemplate the impact each would have on you and your family.
- Child Development: Studies have proven that healthy, clean drinking water is vital to the proper physical and mental development of children.
- Bottled Water: While many people think that bottled water is a healthier alternative to tap water, which in many cases it is, there are still some drawbacks. Bottled water prices continue to climb as they continue to gain popularity. Additionally, facilities that control bottled water and tap water use basically the same filtration methods. This means you are paying for the same thing you already pay for from your kitchen sink every month. Additionally, bottled water is less regulated by the EPA than tap water.
- Contaminants: Currently, there are over 2,000 contaminants to drinking water that we know about. This list includes several poisons.
- Lead: A study conducted by the EPA shows that nearly 500,000 cases of learning disorders are linked to lead in drinking water, annually.
- Security: Point-of-use filtration systems are the only way to ensure clean drinking water.
- Illness: There are a variety of cancer types that have been linked to toxic materials found in drinking water.
- Pregnancy: Contaminated drinking water has been linked to birth defects when consumed by pregnant women.
- Epidemics: Consuming contaminated water is the primary cause of epidemics in developing countries.
- Health: To enjoy the health benefits of drinking water entirely, you need to ensure the water source is clean.
- Disease Prevention: Consuming clean, filtered drinking water helps to protect your body from diseases and improves your overall health.
Types of Advanced Water Filters
There are just as many types of advanced water filters are there are reasons for using them. Configurations are available from the standard filter that can remove up to 99.9% of the bacteria found in common tap water, to systems that are designed to remove radioactive threats from the water. The type you will need will depend on various factors.
What type of filter would be best for you?
The kind of filter you will need is not as straightforward as you think and will depend on several factors:
- What size is your home?
- Including yourself, how many people reside in your home?
- What is the condition of the local water supply?
- Do you want a POE or a POU system?
- What are the contamination concerns for your water?
These questions may be confusing, but they are necessary for ensuring you have the right filter for your home.
Contacting a professional can make the process of deciding which type of filter you need simple.
What’s in the Water?
A recent study conducted by Consumerreports.org on fact sheets from 13 of the largest cities in the U.S. The study showed that even though very few claimed to have federal water-quality violations, those that did not report any such violations still contained significant quantities of contaminants in some submitted samples.
Keep that in mind the next time you go for a glass of water from your kitchen or bathroom sink.
Having clean and healthy drinking water is not a luxury, it is a necessity. It is required for good overall health for you and your family and is important for the developmental needs of your children, both physical and mental.
For more information on how an advanced water filtration system can benefit your Kirkland, WA home, and what details are involved with water filter installation and selection, contact the professionals at Premier Plumbing. Their experience and expertise can help you decide on what system is best for your needs. Call now at (425) 298-7179.